We have both contributed extensively to academic journals as well regional and national translation and interpretation newsletters in both the U.S. and Europe. We have compiled a selection of recent English-language articles that you might enjoy. Dagmar is the former editor of the print newsletter of UNIVERSITAS, the Austrian Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association, while Judy is the former editor of the Nevada Interpreters and Translators Association’s quarterly online newsletter, e-NITA. We have also published more than 500 posts about translation and intepretation on our blog, Translation Times.
Our main publication is our book, The Entrepreneurial Linguist: The Business-School Approach to Freelance Translation, which has sold more than 4,000 copies around the world and is required reading at many universities in both the U.S. and Europe. We are currently in the planning phase for the second edition.
Judy writes the monthly Entrepreneurial Linguist column for the American Translators Association’s Chronicle and is a frequent contributor to the Institute of Translation and Interpreting’s Bulletin. This is a small selection of Judy’s articles. Please remember that these are copyrighted articles. If you would like reprinting information, please contact Judy, who can also put you in touch with the editor of each publication.
- Meet Jamey Cook, ITI Bulletin, January-February 2014
- ATA Chronicle July 2013: Taking Clients to Lunch
- ATA Chronicle August 2014: 48 Short Pieces of Advice
- ATA Chronicle June 2012: Pricing Strategies
- Basic Search Engine Optimization for Linguists, ITI Bulletin, January 2010
- ATA Chronicle March 2012: The Power of Social Media
- ATA Chronicle June 2012: My Lucky Break
- The Green Translator, ITI Bulletin, October 2010
- The Entrepreneurial Linguist: What’s Her Name Again?, American Translators Association Chronicle, August 2010
- How to Get Introduced, ITI Bulletin, March-April 2010